Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Da Vinci Code and the Pope



First off, I would like to pay my respects to the Pope. He is a good man and I do not mean for this post to get anyone mad. (Waldo) Anyway, I think that it is the stupidest thing for the Pope to ban the 2006 movie starring Tom Hanks, "The Da Vinci Code." I mean first of all it is a fiction story, second the movie is apparently done so bad that nobody would believe it anyway. I personally think that the church is getting to strict. It is a movie for God's sake. There is nothing in the Bible that says, ooo no Da Vinci Code bad. Must not let people see it because it is a fiction story. It is not even telling you what to believe, Dan Brown is just saying, "look this is Da Vinci's code it looks real but I made it up." I thought it might be a good thing to think about.

Also, me and a certain personal friend, Waldo, have started a film company called PJ FILMS LTD. We have many scripts in the works that will soon become short skits so we'll get those films out later. PEACE!

5 comments:

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

Fair enough. It's not the story aspect to it that's offensive though, it's the subtle little things that are presented as fact and most people don't pick up on. I've expressed my sentiments here:

http://witdcimages.blogspot.com/2005/12/newsweek-da-vinci-code-images.html

Try the very last comment at the bottom of the page. I was also the first comment but that one was less in-depth.

Bobby M said...

I agree scan man... what is the pope gonna do next... ban condoms? Oh ya... he already has!!!

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

Maybe we should work on our skits this Monday.

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

NEW POST NOW!

Waldo J. Cartridge said...

I hope that you do know that the Pope never said anything about The Da Vinci Code. It was another Vatican Cardinal who called for a boycott.