Sunday, October 15, 2006

Getting things strait once and for all

Lynyrd Skynyrd, ................................. Not racist. Lynyrd Skynyrd,..................Not racist.

I dont know how many people have said to me that Lynyrd Skynyrd is racist. If you know anything about them, you would know that they are not racist. People say, "Oh look a confederate flag, that must mean that they are racist." This is the worst stereotype ever. The history behind the confederate flag goes like this, It was created by a Mississippi delegate who wanted to design a flag similar to the American flag but it would represent the southern states. The word confederacy means an alliance between people or parties, in this case it was the southern states. Which brings me to why the famous band uses and wears the southern flag. They wear it because it represts southern pride in ones state and as a symbol of, "we come from Alabama" kind of thing. If people say that Lynyrd Skynyrd is racist, its like me saying that everyone that lives in New Hampshire is a hillbilly because they live in the woods in the middle of no where. Which is not true. Another thing that I get alot of is, "Oh its not the confederate flag, its the song, Gimme back my bullets." Lets review the lyrics to this song.

Life is so strange when its changin', yes indeed Well I've seen the hard times and the pressure's been on me But I keep on workin' like the workin' man do And I've got my act together, gonna walk all over you
[chorus]

Gimme back my bullets Put 'em back where they belong Ain't foolin' around 'cause I done had my fun Ain't gonna see no more damage done Gimme back my bullets

Sweet talkin' people done ran me out of town And I drank enough whiskey to float a battleship around But I'm leavin' this game one step ahead of you And you will not hear me cry 'cause I do not sing the blues[chorus]

Gimme back my bullets Put 'em back where they belong Ain't foolin' around 'cause I done had my fun Ain't gonna see no more damage done Gimme back, gimme back my bullets Oh, put 'em back... where they belong

Been up and down since I turned seventeen Well I've been on top, and then it seems I lost my dream But I got it back, I'm feelin' better everyday Tell all those pencil pushers, better get out of my way
[chorus]

Gimme back my bullets Put 'em back where they belong Ain't foolin' around, 'cause I done had my fun Ain't gonna see no more damage done Gimme back, gimme back my bullets Oh put 'em back where they belong Gimme back my bullets


Name one place in that song where there is somthing that is racist. HMMM..... I can't seem to find anything.

I have liked this band for a long time. I have attended at concert at which I did see a couple of black people. They played songs like "The ballad of Curtis Lowe." That song is supporting a black man that plays the blues.

Sometimes I just don't understand when people say they are racist. Basicaly it is just a misunderstanding of what the Confederate flag really means. Just take a look at the Mississippi state flag. It has the confederate flag in the corner. Like I said, it stands for southern pride. It must mean somthing if slavery was abolished in 1865 and the Mississippi still has a confederate flag on it. It means that they have overcome slavery, found some history in the flag and said, "Hey, this flag stands for our history and our strenght to overcome the worst thing that ever happend to America, lets have some pride in that."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hear, hear.

Michard said...

Ooohhh, Patty's a smart one. Listen to the live one on the Vicious Cycle Tour. "When two BLACK cats cross my path, even in the rosebushes, comes out smellin like what? Shit." I can't really understand what he's saying, but he means black people. Yeah, that's not racist at all.
By the way Pat getting to the flag, you're a real history buff. I glad that you didn't mention that the South was racist against black people for hundreds of years and made a God damn Civil War over it. Oh yeah Pat, treated them like slaves, they hated them, yeah the South loved the black people. That's great, let's have a flag that practically represents recism. Brilliant! (That's what people generally think when they see the Southern flag.) Yeah, let's not forget about the "South will rise again people." Black people back as slaves, maybe have another civil war, that'll be dandy.
State the facts next time Patrica.
-Michard

Josef D Guttenheimer said...

That is beyond retarded. why would anyone care first off and second off the flag represents states that allow slavery. the war is over, they lost, why do they need the flag?

Scanman said...

john, why are you making fun of retarded people. that flag standed for more than slavery. GET A FUCKIN HISTORY LESSON!!

Josef D Guttenheimer said...

well why do u still need it? the war is over! you lost! you don't need it anymore. that flag stood for evil torture under the rule of presidents in the confederatte states who allowed it. slavery has been abolished, so should that flag.

Scanman said...

GET A FUCKIN FUCKIN FUCK FUCK FUCKIN HISTORY THE FUCKIN LESSON!!!